Michigan's Invasive Species Community

Aquatic Invasive Species

Hi, I just had an interesting 2 days working on an important AIS issue and thought I'd share with everyone. DEQ, and DNR staff met with CISMAs and other partners working on European frog-bit (EFB).  The workshop was facilitated by Central Michigan University- we have a grant with them to develop/update species strategies for European frog-bit, European water-clover, and water lettuce in addition to a few other deliverables.  In particular, we had productive conversations about CISMA efforts and plans to address EFB, on-going research, monitoring techniques, and the potential for state-wide planning for this species.  I'll share more on next steps as the project develops. 

This is a "hold the date" announcement for the 2018 AIS Landing Blitz. This year's event period will be from June 30, 1018 through July 8, 2018, encompassing both weekends surrounding the July 4th holiday to give hosts as much flexibility and as many options as possible when selecting specific local event dates. As with past years, the 2018 AIS Landing Blitz will coincide with Michigan's AIS Awareness Week.  

Stay tuned for more information about the event and registration details.  Feel free to contact me with any questions!