- Located in the top right hand corner of the MISIN webpage you will see two spaces to type in your Username and Password or Register if you have not already done so.
- To register, click on Register (Free) and fill out the info required in the registration form.
- After completing the registration form, you will receive an automated welcome e-mail. This e-mail will display your username and password, along with a link. In order to activate your account, you must click on the link provided in the e-mail.
- When you click the link, your internet browser will open and take you directly to the “Welcome to MISIN” page where you will then log in with your username and password.
- Once logged in, click on “Report Sightings” at the top of the page.
- You will have the option to click on “STEP 2: Verify Species” box, which will allow you to complete training modules prior to reporting your sighting. If you are confident in your observation please click on “STEP 3: Report Sighting” box.
- On the reporting page for the observations location, you have the option to locate by search where you can type in the longitude and latitude or locate by map where you can click on the map provided (You must be zoomed in to level 15 or greater for the point to be accepted).
- First, select what type of information you are reporting, was this species detected or not detected? Once a selection has been made, continue filling out the remaining information relating to the sighting and provide any pictures if available, for verification purposes. The symbol next to common name allows you to select a species by latin name instead of its common name. Also; Project, Common/Latin Name, Area and Density are searchable drop-down menus.
- After clicking the “Submit” button, you will be redirected to a summary page that tells you that the point was successfully added and provides the reporter with a record ID for easy reference. You will also be provided with a PDF link where you can download and print the summary page for your records.
Report an Observation Online