Jump to content
Michigan's Invasive Species Community

MDARD Certifications

Shelby Bauer

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

I have been reviewing all of MDARDs certification categories (they have 25 different ones!) and am thinking of adding a few more to my repertoire. What kind of certifications do you have and which ones do you require for your treatment staff. Why did you choose to become certified in those categories? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ISN staff are required to have have Core (obviously), Right-of-Way (catchall), Aquatic (Phragmites etc.), and Ornamental (sometimes we treat on private properties in ornamental settings, especially with knotweeds), because that covers about all the work we do.  A few staff members also have Forest Pest, mainly because they want to; it may come in handy at some point!

We picked these certs because they seem to fit what we do the best, but also because Core & Right-of-Way were handed down to us by predecessors as the ones we should have.  If they had a "miscellaneous invasive plants" category instead, that would be great. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...