Michigan's Invasive Species Community

Job: Wisconsin DNR: Invasive Species Organisms in Trade Project Coordinator

Jo Latimore

Complete job posting

The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR), Division of Fish, Wildlife, and Parks is recruiting to fill an Organisms in Trade Coordinator (Conservation Biologist – Advanced) vacancy. Office location will be determined based on program needs, applicant preference, and office space availability at the time of hire. This is a project position, with an anticipated end date of December 31, 2023.

Position Summary

The Organisms in Trade (OIT) Coordinator is responsible for the coordination, development, and implementation of our statewide efforts to stop the introduction of new invasive species through commerce and trade into Wisconsin. This person is a member of the Department Invasive Species Team (DIST) and serves as a Central Office consultant and coordinator for the department's statewide invasive species rule (NR 40) training and outreach program for plant nurseries, aquatic plant retailers, pet dealers, plant and seed wholesalers, horticulture, and similar industries as part of a federally funded grant project.

Working closely with the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade, and Consumer Protection (DATCP) and the WDNR Department Invasive Species Team (DIST), this position conducts outreach efforts through presentations and written communication, and will focus on groups such as the Wisconsin Nursery and Landscape Federation, private nurseries, garden centers, seed producers, bait dealers, pet/aquarium industries, online and out of state vendors and wholesalers, farmers markets, craft stores, botanical gardens, arboretums, master gardener groups, and universities to prevent NR 40 regulated species from being sold and introduced into the state.

For a detailed position description, click here.

Salary Information

Starting pay is $31 - $36 per hour ($64,480 - $74,880 annually).

Hi Jo,

I don't know if you'd remember me or not, my name is Jacklyn Lenten, I'm one of the participants from the 2019 Lake and Stream Leaders Institute.  I've just graduated from Northern Michigan University and returned from an internship on Isle Royale.  I'm looking for my next job opportunity and this position is something that I'm seriously interested in.  Would you be willing and able to send me more information or tell me who I can send my resume to?

Thanks,

Jacklyn 

Hi Jacklyn! Of course I remember you from LSLI. 

If you use this link (from the very top of my original post - easy to miss, I think!), it will take you to the WDNR jobs site and you will see the "Apply" button.

https://wj.wi.gov/psc/wisjobs/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Action=U&Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&SiteID=1&FOCUS=Applicant&JobOpeningId=2256&PostingSeq=1

• 2 weeks later...