Michigan's Invasive Species Community

JK Pictures

Had a couple JK pictures that I thought people might want for presentations or outreach. There are four pictures of JK growing up into someones basement and one picture of JK growing under someones siding and coming out at the top of the house. The last picture is of a JK leaf that we found on a patch that was treated last year. It appears two leaves have fused together to make a cup with a third leaf growing in the middle. Thoughts on this?

JK-House4.JPG

JK Leaf.JPG

JK House.JPG

JK-House1.JPG

JK-House2.JPG

JK-House3.JPG

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've called Best Way Disposal and sent them some information. They said they have 'rejection notices' they can leave on the carts saying why it was rejected. I suggested they add a line/box for knotweed for the future, with a little explanation/direction. The danger we might run into is that if people can't send it somewhere, they'll start dumping, which could make the problem worse. So, there will need to be a path/directions for disposal set up before or con-current with implementation of rejection of the material.

Stop Knotweed at the Curb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...

A person in my Worldwide Japanese Knotweed Support Group just posted about knotweed that had been covered with an old pool for 5-10 years. This is what it looked like when they pulled it up, and the next picture was 24 hours later... pinked up!
May be an image of grass

No photo description available.

May be an image of coral snake and tree

May be an image of tree

May be an image of tree

May be an image of coral snake and tree

Edited by Nature Hannah
additional information aquired