Jump to content
MInvasives Community

Leslie Clark

Full Members
  • Content Count

    3
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Leslie Clark

  • Rank
    Newbie

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Leslie Clark

    Knotweed treatments

    That's encouraging. I'm looking for clarity on the concentration used with Clearcast for cut stem. When I've used aquaneat alone for cut stem, I've used 25%-50%, vs the usual 2%-4% for spraying and it is relatively cheap to use even at high concentrations. Clearcast is usually 5% volume-to-volume for spraying, so 6.4oz/gallon. At $300/gallon, spraying it is expensive enough. I can't imagine using it straight for cut stem given the price. So I'm looking for confirmation that the cocktail used for cut stem is the same as that used for spraying: that is, 5% Clearcast v-to-v, 1.5% aquaneat, and some MSO. Is that what you used for your cut stem application?
  2. Leslie Clark

    Knotweed treatments

    Any update on this? I'm curious about using the Clearcast cocktail as a cut-stem application. Are you using the same concentration as for spraying?
  3. Leslie Clark

    Flowering Rush

    I've been working on a couple of small patches in Keego Harbor in Oakland County with hand removal, with the results of the Lake Minnetonka study in mind, which indicates that really meticulous hand removal can be very effective. In September 2016 I recorded that I removed 5 large heavy bags from a particular site that also has cattail and other emergent plants. I used a spading fork to loosen the soil. There were a lot of floating bulbils to capture, including old 'nests' of brown ones, and I used a kitchen sieve or colander to capture them. For the same site in 2017 I removed only 1 large bag. However, I did the 2017 work in mid-July. It appeared to me that in mid-July, the viable old bubils had pretty much all sprouted, making them visible and identifiable, but the new bulbils were still small and rather firmly attached to the plants. This resulted in very few floaters to be chased down, reducing the odds of spreading it. For my practice sites I was really really meticulous about finding every plant, both new and old in 2017. Follow-up visits later in the summer did not reveal any more plants at those sites. I'm looking forward to evaluating the results of that effort over the next few weeks.
×